JOIN OUR TEAM
The Local Oyster is Baltimore’s place to go for the freshest seafood and fun environment! We are always looking for hard-working, good-hearted, smiling folks to be part of our growing family!
Positions at The Local Oyster include cook, bartender, dishwasher, shucker. Each position is designed to be part of the larger whole and contributing equally to the shared tip pool. The exception to those in the tip pool would be our Prep and BarBack who are paid a higher hourly rate.
We pride ourselves on our Team being like family and having open communication lines at all times about all aspects of the positions offered. We offer a fun work environment both in our brick & mortar locations as well as our off-site festivals & events.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Must smile and greet EVERY guest, even if they’re just passing by!
• Shuck oysters - with LOVE - we don’t want you just “open” them, we want them to be BEAUTIFUL!
• Learn & share what makes The Local Oyster special: our farm, our oysters, our oyster stout (thanks to Waverly Brewing!) and our relationship with ORP.
• Work hard to keep shop sparkling, clean- front and back, inside and outside
• Assist with all duties: trash, dishes, sweeping/mopping, guest relations, cooking, shucking, stocking, bussing, etc…
• When working the register, follow cash handling procedures assigned by Guidelines
• Follow health, safety, and sanitation guidelines--always wash your hands, hair always back.
• Have great communication skills and a professionally friendly attitude
• Flexibility in scheduling is required. While we do our best to accommodate all time off requests, the nature of the business doesn’t allow for set schedules in this position.
• Ability to lift 30 lbs on a regular basis
• Have access to a phone that can text and call
• Have access to the internet (for scheduling)
• Kitchen and/or Front of House experience is preferred but not required.
The Local Oyster is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment.